COVID-19 has undoubtedly had an impact on all of us starting back in March of 2020. As we continue to move forward in this unchartered territory, Winter Walden and our partners will be moving carefully to ensure the safety of your children, guests, our instructors, and staff. We have reached out to all of the local ski and snowboard resorts who are in the process of finalizing safety guidelines. Once Winter Walden has been given additional details from our local ski hills, we will update our members through email, our website and social media channels.
Fortunately, we are lucky that your children can enjoy skiing and snowboarding in an outdoor setting while practicing social distancing. As we prioritize the safety of your children, below please find some safety protocols we will be utilizing during the 2020/2021 season:resorts
- Social Distancing: 6 feet between students, instructors, and staff
- Children and adults will be required to wear a face mask at all times (in lines, chairlift, in the lodge, and any other activities on or near the hill)
- Wash hands frequently
- Chairlift capacity will be reduced to allow for physical distancing. Guests will only be allowed on lifts with travelers in their party
- Resort employees may limit the number of guests indoors and outdoors based on social distancing
- Winter Walden employees are required to wear face masks, regular hand washing, as well as other safety protocols
COVID-19 Screening Questions
- A fever temperature greater than 100.4 F?
- A new or worsening cough?
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing?
- Runny nose and/or congestion?
- Body aches, chills and/or tiredness?
- Vomiting or diarrhea?
- New loss of smell or taste?
- Have you or your child had close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 test in the past 10 days?
If you answer “yes” to any of the questions on the left, we ask you to hold off on registering your child for a day trip and consult with your primary physician. If your doctor determines that the symptoms are due to another diagnosis, or COVID-19 is ruled out, you can register your child for a trip after they have been fever-free for 24 hours.
Thank you in advance!